Tesco Hudl2 Specifications And Pricing. Release Date October 9th. An Hudl2 Sell This Time Around?
Tesco’s Hudl2 2 is set for release on October 9th at the same price as the new amazon fire range. Hudl2 has gained a spec bump but can Tesco sell honestly this time around?
Were excited to share the news with you that today we are revealing our new tablet - hudl2. hudl2 is bigger, better and faster, and its going to be available to buy in over 800 stores and online from 9 October. Hudl2 has undergone a complete redesign. It is 3 times faster than the original hudl, with a bigger, sharper screen and Dolby optimized audio. it’s perfect for watching movies on blinkbox, playing the latest games, browsing..
Sources familiar with the matter then passed along the following PR release stating.
We have a strong history of innovating to make life easier for customers and our first tablet was a huge success - it was the fastest selling tablet launch were seen at Tesco, selling over 750,000 devices. And soon you and our customers Will be able to see it and experience it for yourself. As always, behind everything we do here at Tesco there is a brilliant. dedicated team who have worked hard to create something really special for our customers - so thank you to everyone involved with getting hudl2 ready for launch next week.
Launching on 9 October for £129 theres a few spec bumps along the way mainly with
- 8.3 inch 1920 x 1200 (Full HD screen) (was 1440 X 900 IPS)
- InteI® Atom quad-core processor up to 1.83 GHZ (up from 1.5 GHZ)
- Android Kitkat 4.4.2 operating system (was 4.1 Jelly Bean)
- Stereo speakers with Dolby optimized audio
- Super slim design 5MP rear facing camera and 1.2 MP front facing camera (bumped up from 3 MP rear and 2 MP front)
- 16 GB storage which can be expanded to 48 GB (only up to 32 GB on v1)
- 8 hour battery life (DOWN from 9 hours)
- Dual band Wi-Fi
- Comes in 8 colours: Jazzy Blue, Zesty Orange, Slate Black, Rocket Red, Tropical Turquoise, Dreamy White, Perky Purple and Bubblegum Pink
- Pre-loaded with Parental filter
- Access to over a million apps via Google Play
When the Hudl was first launched back in 2013 blue tshirts were abundant selling their latest flagship device, even moving the Apple stand in my local Tesco store but not all was as it seems. Listening to the sales pitch the staff were outright lying to get the sales. I just happened to be next to a potential customer and these are some of the choicier comments.
Dodgy Sales Lines Used To Sell Hudl’s
- Apps are developed for Android first.
- You can’t get any extra storeage at all on an iPad. With Hudl you can use clould services or upgrade via memory card
- Google play is better because it’s bigger and it’s by google.
- More content on blinkbox
At one point the young sales person even tried the line of “theres no viruses on Android and it’s more secure than Apple’s device” At this point I complained to a manager who seemed to not be bothered in the slightest as the Tesco Spiff’s were in full effect.
Granted this might be an Apple site however I’m a fan of all technology both good and bad. A product should be able to be sold on it’s merits and not lies or underhand tactics such as this. Whilst correct you can’t upgrade iPad storage you can purchase iCloud storage and use Dropbox, box etc etc.
The Tesco Hudl2 is available for pre order on 8/10 and in store pick up on 9/10.